Lithograph by Vincent Brooks, printed by Day & Son Lithographers, London. Published in The Builder magazine, 1 September 1888.
St. Matthew’s was designed in the Early English style by John Norton and built on the corner of Sutherland Road and College Terrace between 1881 and 1883. The tower was started but never completed. The church was closed in 1962, demolished in 1967, and a block of flats was built on the site.