Aquatint engraving published by J Izard, St James’s Street, Brighton. No artist or engraver named, similar to Images of Brighton 474, c1820. The print has the typical bright colouring of most Izard publications.
The Pavilion Clock Tower, clearly seen far left, was close to the kitchen and contained the enormous water tank that was needed to service the palace. It was built in 1816 at a cost of £430 but, as soon as the Town Commissioners purchased the Pavilion, the tower was found to be unsafe and was pulled down in 1851.