Steel plate engraved and published by Newman & co. c1875
On the far right horizon is St. Nicholas’ Church, and the tower nearer the centre of the horizon is the Clifton Road Congregational Church, built in 1870 on the corner of Clifton Road and Dyke Road, near the Seven Dials. Adam Trimingham wrote in the Argus of 4th Feb 2006 ‘A landmark in Brighton was the Dials Congregational Church . . . It could be seen for miles with its 150 foot tower’.
All images of Regency Square:
Hover over the image to see the image number followed by the date when the image was produced.
Click on any image to see its full entry.