Wide version of BPC00152
Sepia-tinted lithograph by T Walton after T Earp. Published 26 May 1846, the day of the actual unveiling of the fountain, by W H Mason, King’s Road, Brighton.
The Albion Hotel, designed by A H Wilds, was built on the site of Dr Russell’s house in 1826.
Illustrated in The Victorian Development of the Clifton, Montpelier and Powis Estates of Brighton by Steve Myall. Pomegranate Press, 2008, p 90.