Copperplate etching by W T Quartermain, an amateur artist who was the inspector for the Corporation Fire Brigade and in the Office for Testing Gas Meters. This view is taken from the north, and such was the extent of the rebuilding that we can see through the central aisle to the sea beyond. The dark block of stone on the right-hand edge is the old tower. The restoration work started in June 1853 and was completed by March 1854, at a total cost of £5,769 18s 7d.
Illustrated in The Victorian Development of the Clifton, Montpelier and Powis Estates of Brighton by Steve Myall. Pomegranate Press, 2008, p 44.