Wood engraving by one of the Dalziel brothers, published on a single sheet above a view of St Nicholas Church, signed on the far right tombstone of the lower print. Published by Charles Knight in The Tourists’ Guide to The Land We Live In, 1854.
The application to develop the north end of Queen’s Road and the access bridge across Trafalgar Street was submitted to the Town Commissioners in May 1849. The tower of St. Peter’s can be seen just beyond the bridge.
Architect of the railway station: David Mocatta.
Illustrated in Old Brighton: A Collection of Prints, Paintings and Drawings by Eileen Hollingdale. George Nobbs Publishing, 1979, p 103.
Also illustrated in The Victorian Development of the Clifton, Montpelier and Powis Estates of Brighton by Steve Myall. Pomegranate Press, 2008, p 108.