(this is a very small original image – see note on image sizes)
Steel engraving published by J S & Co, c1855. Numbered 1574 in the publisher’s reordering catalogue. The view is also used as a letter-heading. This is the entrance to the Pavilion gardens from Castle Square to the south, once the South Lodge had been demolished by the Town Commissioners in 1850.
Illustrated in A History of the Royal Pavilion, Brighton by Henry D. Roberts. Country Life, 1939.