Aquatint, drawn, engraved and published by J Bruce in his History of Brighton, 1834. There are eight known engravings of the Royal Sussex County Hospital.
This view shows the hospital in its original form, before the Victoria and Adelaide wings were added either side, and the hospital is surrounded by open downland which was donated by Thomas Read Kemp. It was opened on 11 June 1828 and provided room for eighty patients.
Illustrated in Brighton’s County Hospital by Harry Gaston. Southern Editorial Services, 2008, p 23.