Tinted lithograph by W L Walton after F Ford. Printed by Hullmandel & Walton, published by W H Mason, Repository of Arts, Brighton and included in his folder Brighton Illustrated, 1851.
This image shows the church before its major rebuilding work by Richard Carpenter in 1853/54. The large building on the left behind the church is the premises of Benjamin Bennett, stonemason of 41 Church Street, who was undoubtedly the supplier of many gravestones to the church.
There are a total of 45 known 19th century engravings of the Brighton mother church.