Steel engraving by Rock & Co, London, published 1 September 1866 and numbered 5650 in their reordering catalogue. The hotel was built between 1864 and 1866, took its name from the Duke of Norfolk, and replaced the Norfolk Arms Inn that had been on the site since 1824.
In the Rules of the Brighton & Sussex Club 1852, the Hon Sec is C C Elwes and the annual subscription is £5. Among the list of members are Baron de Goldsmid, the Marquis of Bristol, Lt Gen Sir Arthur Clifton, Earl De La Warr, Capt Sir G Pechell Bt, the Rev Thomas Trocke and the Earl of Sheffield.
Not in Images of Brighton but similar to 898 which is also recorded as published by Rock & Co.
All images of the Norfolk Hotel:
Hover over the image to see the image number followed by the date when the image was produced.
Click on any image to see its full entry.