Copper engraving published in J G Bishop’s 1880 and 1892 editions of A Peep into the Past: Brighton in the Olden Time. Illustrated opposite page 201 in 1880 and page 217 in the 1892 edition.
Also illustrated in Royal Pavilion: An Episode in the Romantic by Clifford Musgrave. Leonard Hill Books, 1959, after p 34. Musgrave notes that this is now Palace Place, and shows the Assembly Rooms, afterwards changed into the Royal Chapel, on the left.
Also illustrated in Georgian Brighton by Sue Berry. Phillimore, 2005, p 24.
Both images of the Castle Tavern:
(Click on the image to see the full entry)