Aquatint, drawn, engraved and published by Edward Fox c1830. The original pencil sketch is in Brighton Museum. The Town Hall was opened in 1830, built from the Greek Revival design of Thomas Cooper, who was also the architect of the original Bedford Hotel. In its early days the Town Hall housed the fire station and the police station.
Illustrated in Old Brighton: A Collection of Prints, Paintings and Drawings by Eileen Hollingdale. George Nobbs Publishing, 1979, p 91.