Steel plate line engraving by R Acon, no artist named. Published 1 January 1821 for La Belle Assemblée.
La Belle Assemblée was a women’s monthly fashion magazine. Each six months they published a title page and index so that readers could bind six magazines together each half-year. The magazine ran from 1806 then, after a couple of title alterations, finally merged with The Lady’s Magazine in 1837. Occasionally, but not every month, it would include a topographical plate of a fashionable town. It was published by John Bell (the founder) until 1821, then by G & W Whittaker from 1823 to 1829.