Steel engraving by T Jeavons after a drawing by Richard Henry Nibbs, one of Brighton’s most accomplished topographical artists. Published by William Grant, 5 Castle Square c1855. The application to build the Trafalgar Street Bridge was submitted to the Town Commissioners on 20 May 1849, and the railway company paid £2,000 towards the development of Queen’s Road.
Illustrated in Old Brighton: A Collection of Prints, Paintings and Drawings by Eileen Hollingdale. George Nobbs Publishing, 1979, p 102.
Queen's Road. Brighton Station