(this is a very small original image – see note on image sizes)
Steel engraving published by Newman & Co, Watling Street, London. The first edition of this plate was published c1855, and included the West Battery and the Church Hill Workhouse, which was just to the left of the church tower, on the hill in the middle distance. It also included the title ‘Battery’ in the supplementary title line. This West Battery was demolished in 1858, and the Church Hill Workhouse was closed in 1867, so both these buildings have been engraved out of this, the second edition of the plate, published c1868.
All images of Regency Square:
Hover over the image to see the image number followed by the date when the image was produced.
Click on any image to see its full entry.