(this is a very small original image – see note on image sizes)
Steel engraving published by Kershaw & Son c1850. This print is a letter-heading.
In 1877 the Handbook for Travellers to Sussex, published by John Murray of Albemarle Street, London, noted that ‘The 2 best modern churches are St. Peter’s at the end of the Steyne . . . . and St. Paul’s, in West Street, built by Mr. Carpenter in 1847. These 2 churches mark well the progress of the Gothic in this country during a period of 20 years’.
All images of St Paul’s Church:
Hover over the image to see the image number followed by the date when the image was produced.
Click on any image to see its full entry.